Our Lace workshop is on 18 June in the shop from 10 till 4 pm. It costs £60.00 including refreshments, lunch and materials for the workshop and is aimed at knitters who are past the beginner stage and want to tackle more complex projects.
The workshops will:
- Explain a little about the history of lace and the differences between different styles of lace making
- Explore different yarns for lace
- Explain how to knit lace using charts and written instructions
- Show how to add nupps and beads to your lacework
- Very briefly explore how to write your own lace pattern
- Practise how to knit lace, add nupps and beads and special techniques associated with lace
- Blocking your lace
There will also be a knitalong running for six weeks after the workshop which is open to all. All you have to do is buy the yarn from us and then knit up a lace pattern (of your choosing) and post on our website or facebook. The winner will receive an Ammonite Yarns gift voucher.